The goal of the Advisory Board is to advance the mission of NiSE at the Institute on the Environment primarily through services which include: advising the director and executive director on strategic issues pertaining to NiSE’s activities at the year-end Solutions Summit meeting, assisting in promoting the program to appropriate constituents, providing access to the business community, and providing assistance in seeking financial contributions.
The evolution of the Advisory Board has been successful due to NiSE’s Steering Committee. The Steering Committee has assisted in the strategic direction of NiSE since its inception by helping advance its mission and defining the terms of the new Advisory Board. It is through their committed collaboration and efforts in which the Advisory Board was established.
Organizations & Representatives
We thank our Advisory Board members for their guidance and support as NiSE continues to grow and evolve. The Advisory Board is critical to the relevancy and strategic direction of NiSE’s organization and research initiatives.
- Andersen Corporation
- Best Buy Co., Inc.
- Caldrea/Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day
- Commission on Sustainable Agriculture and Climate Change
- Effect Partners
- Great Plains Institute
- Hennepin County
- Tennant Company
Advisory Board Charter
NiSE at the Institute on the Environment 2014-2015 functions:
- Advise the director and associate director with regard to strategic issues, communicating the needs of the business community and the degree to which the program is meeting these needs.
- Assist in the promotion and recognition of NiSE locally, nationally, and globally.
- Provide access and entrée to the business community for research initiatives, collaboration, and other collaboration opportunities.
- Be an advocate for NiSE and the value that it creates for the University and business community.
- Provide assistance in seeking public and private financial support from corporations and individuals.